Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Horror Blog Meme Thing

So I've been taking a few days away from writing due to a busy schedule. But I have been slowly working my way through months and months of horror blog back articles and I came across a few sites that did the Billy Loves Stu Horror Blog Meme...thing. And that seems like a good way to kill some time since I can't sleep anyway.

1: In Ten Words or Less, Describe Your Blog:

The unimpressive and overly critical ramblings of a horror geek.

2: During What Cinematic Era Where you Born?
A: The Classic Horror Era (late 30's to 40's)
B: The Atomic Monster/Nuclear Angst Era (the late 40's through 50's)
C: The Psycho Era ( Early 60's)
D: The Rosemary's Baby Era (Mid to Late 60's)
E: The Exorcism Era (Early to mid 70's)
F: The Halloween Era (Late 70's to Early 80's)
G: The Slasher Era (Mid to late 80's)
H: The Self Referential/Post Modern Era (1990 to 1999)

'83 would be The Halloween Era I suppose.

3: The Carrie Compatibility Question:
(gay men and straight women - make your choice from section A)
A: Billy Nolan or Tommy Ross, who would you take to the prom?
(straight guys and lesbians - make your choice from section B)
B: Sue Snell or Chris Hargensen, who would you take to the prom?

Chris Hargensen (Nancy Allen) was an absolute bitch. But she was a bitch with 70's boobs and you totally knew she was putting out after prom so it's an easy choice. Strangely enough Blow Out is on right now which has Nancy Allen staring alongside John Travolta in a really overlooked film.

4: You have been given an ungodly amount of money, and total control of a major motion picture studio - what would your dream Horror project be?

I'm such a sucker for huge scale stuff. Alien invasions, giant monster attacks, pandemics..etc. So I need to make some sort of Signs meets Cloverfield meets The Stand hybrid. But it has to be closely focused in on the characters not some phony 2012, The Day After Tomorrow, Deep Impact kind of thing. And while I recognize this would have to be awful I'd have to figure out how to spend so much money that EVERYONE has to see it.

5: What horror film "franchise" that others have embraced, left you cold?

That's hard to say because there's stuff like Psycho which has plenty of sequels that were all over the place in quality but the original was so amazing that it can't count. Every franchise ends up sucking somewhere in the sequels Do two movies count as a franchise? If so, I never got on board with Hatchet. I like Adam Green a lot but Hatchet just feels really forced.

6: Is Michael Bay the Antichrist?

No. But he clearly made a deal with the devil that ensured he'd ruin as many classic films as possible.

7: Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Frankenstein Monster - which one of these classic villains scares you, and why?

Frankenstein. Not because the monster scares me, but because bodies were desecrated to create him. Corpse desecration creeps me right the fuck out.

8: Tell me about a scene from a NON HORROR Film that scares the crap out of you:

I don't consider The Wicker Man (the original, you sick bastard) to be horror so I'd say the ending scene from The Wicker Man.

Edit: I wasn't really thinking when I did this originally. Awake messed me up bad. Any of the surgery scenes in that movie bothered me deeply. This all goes back to my having nosocomephobia (fear of hospitals). Not that anyone likes hospitals but I've had panic attacks just visiting friends who had minor knee surgery. Normally I can tolerate hospital stuff on TV and in movies but Awake just played into a lot of my biggest fears.

9: Baby Jane Hudson invites you over to her house for lunch. What do you bring?

A bottle of wine (I'm a good guest) and a nice cheese tray. Also, a cell phone so I can change my mind and cancel on the way there.

10: So, between you and me, do you have any ulterior motives for blogging? Come, on you can tell me, it will be our little secret, I won't tell a soul.

I write other places "professionally" so I need a blog like this where I'm not on a schedule and I can roll with writing whatever I like. It keeps me sharp for the "real thing."

11: What would you have brought to Rosemary Woodhouse's baby shower?

Where was she registered? I don't riff, I go off the registry list. But if my wife has taught me anything it's that rather than going after a big thing, it's fun to buy a lot of little stuff and wrap it all individually.

12: Godzilla vs The Cloverfield Monster, who wins?

The Cloverfield monster was a baby, Godzilla would be too crafty. Plus, Godzilla has experience battling all kinds of giant monsters. You just can't overvalue experience.

13: If you found out that Rob Zombie was reading your blog, what would you post in hopes that he read it?

There'd need to be some posts that explain to stop trying to do the era blending where it's totally the 70's but also it's modern. I loved House of 1,000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects more than most people but the Halloween stuff was just awful.

14: What is your favorite NON HORROR FILM, and why?

I really don't think I can answer that right now. Is that weird? It's weird isn't it?

15: If blogging technology did not exist, what would you be doing?

Looking for a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment